Mima International Limited, in conjunction with the Consumer Product Safety Commission, is conducting a safety recall of a limited number of Mima Moon 3-in-1 Height Adjustable High Chairs. These chairs have been marketed and sold or given away to families that expect or have infants and toddlers. Our records indicate that you may have one of the affected high chairs.
- Please read this entire letter carefully as it contains important safety information, including information about how you can determine whether you have one of the affected high chairs, and the options available to you if you do.
- If you believe that you have an affected high chair, please immediately stop using the high chair and contact Mima at (866) 770-0056 or at www.mimakidsusa.com by clicking the “Moon Recall Information” link for additional information about how you can obtain a free repair kit, a replacement high chair, or a full refund.
The high chair includes a component called a white ‘T-Bar’ that joins the seat to the metal cylinder attached to the base of the high chair. In a limited batch of high chairs, some of the T-Bar material has shrunken causing the fit between the cylinder and the T-Bar to be approximately 2% less tight than our standard dimensions. There is a risk that the seat may become dislodged from the cylinder if you attempt to carry the product by lifting only the seat. A fall could result or a child crawling on the floor could be impacted by a dislodged seat.
As of the date of this notice, there have been no reported injuries. Five customers have complained that the seat is easily dislodged from the base.
As a safety precaution, we are asking all consumers who believe they may have an affected high chair to immediately stop using the high chair, and to follow the procedures described below for obtaining a free repair kit, a replacement high chair, or a refund of the purchase price.
A replacement chair or full refund is available only to those customers who purchased the product. Customers who obtained the product as part of a promotional give-away may receive a free repair kit.
If you believe that you may have an affected high chair, please immediately stop using the high chair and contact Mima toll-free at (866) 770-0056 or visit www.mimakidsusa.com
- If you call Mima at the toll-free number, you will hear a pre-recorded voice message providing more information, and will have an opportunity to speak with a live representative by pressing “0” if you call Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern Standard Time. The pre-recorded voice message will be available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- If you visit www.mimakidsusa.com and click on the “Moon Recall Information” link, you will also find additional information about the options available to you if you have an affected high chair.
- Mima is offering two options to consumers who have an affected high chair:
- 1) Replacement SeatIf you would like to keep your chair but receive a replacement seat that will solve the problem associated with the product, please call (866) 770-0056 or input your contact details below. Please do not use the high chair while you are waiting to ship the high chair back to Mima. Mima will send you a replacement seat in a matter of weeks.
- 2) RefundIf you would prefer not to obtain a replacement seat, Mima will offer you the option of returning the affected high chair for a full refund. In order to obtain a refund, you will have to send to Mima the affected chair. Mima will pay for your cost of shipping the affected high chair back to Mima. Once Mima receives the affected high chair, Mima will send you a check for the purchase price within approximately four weeks.
If you have any questions or need assistance determining whether you may have an affected high chair, please call Mima toll-free at (866) 770-0056 or visit www.mimakidsusa.com and click on the “Moon Recall Information” link.
The toll-free number will have a pre-recorded voice message that will be available 24 hours a day, seven days a week and that will provide you with information about the recall. You may also speak with a live representative by pressing “0” during the call if you call the toll-free number Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.
Also, please find enclosed a “Mima Moon Recall – Questions and Answers” document that answers some common questions that you may have about the recall.
Mima apologizes for any inconvenience you may have experienced.